EOSH UK – Award in Scaffolding Erector
The Award in Scaffolding Erector is designed to equip participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to safely and proficiently erect scaffolding structures. The course covers essential aspects of scaffolding erection, including understanding different types of scaffolding systems, interpreting design drawings, assembling and dismantling scaffolding components, and ensuring compliance with safety regulations and industry best practices.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 4-5 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
The course modules for the Award in Scaffolding Erector may include:
• Introduction to Scaffolding Erector Role and Responsibilities
• Legal and Regulatory Framework for Scaffolding
• Types of Scaffolding Systems and Applications
• Reading and Interpreting Design Drawings
• Selection and Inspection of Scaffolding Components
• Safe Handling and Storage of Scaffolding Materials
• Scaffolding Erection Techniques and Procedures
• Load Capacities and Structural Stability
• Bracing, Anchoring, and Tie-off Systems
• Inspection and Testing of Erected Scaffolding
• Safety Measures and Risk Assessment in Scaffolding Erection
• Emergency Procedures and Rescue Techniques