The Award in Marine Safety Security Officer (MSSO) is a specialized course designed for individuals who are responsible for ensuring safety and security in maritime environments. This course equips participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to perform the role of a Marine Safety Security Officer effectively.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 7-10 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
The specific modules covered in the course may vary, but typically include:
- Introduction to Maritime Safety Security
- International Maritime Security Regulations and Frameworks
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Marine Safety Security Officer
- Threat Assessment and Risk Analysis in Maritime Environments
- Security Measures and Procedures for Ships and Port Facilities
- Access Control and Surveillance Systems
- Security Incident Management and Response
- Maritime Security Training and Awareness Programs
- Crisis Management and Emergency Preparedness
- Security Auditing and Compliance