The Level 2 – Award in Basic Petro-chemical Safety is a comprehensive course designed to provide participants with fundamental knowledge and skills related to safety practices in the petrochemical industry. This course focuses on the specific hazards, risks, and safety procedures associated with working in petrochemical plants and facilities.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 3 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
The specific modules covered in the Award in Basic Petro-chemical Safety course may vary, but typically include:
- Introduction to Petro-chemical Safety
- Petro-chemical Industry Overview and Regulations
- Hazardous Chemicals and Substances in the Petrochemical Industry
- Risk Assessment and Control Measures in Petro-chemical Environments
- Fire Safety and Prevention in Petro-chemical Facilities
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in Petro-chemical Operations
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures in Petro-chemical Settings
- Safety Communication and Reporting in Petro-chemical Context
- Workplace Safety Practices in the Petrochemical Industry
- Environmental Awareness in Petro-chemical Operations