The EOSH UK Award in Lockout and Tag out (LOTO) Standards is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to implement effective lockout and tag out procedures in various workplace environments. The course emphasizes the importance of LOTO in preventing unexpected enervation of machinery or equipment, safeguarding workers from hazardous energy sources. Participants will learn about relevant legislation and standards governing LOTO in the UK and gain practical insights into risk assessment, procedure development, and equipment isolation techniques. The course aims to enhance participants’ understanding of LOTO principles and empower them to create a safe working environment.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 5 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
The specific modules covered in the EOSH UK Award in Lockout and Tag out (LOTO) Standards course typically include:
- Introduction to lockout and tag out (LOTO) principles.
- Overview of legislation and standards related to LOTO.
- Identification of hazardous energy sources and associated risks.
- Risk assessment and hazard control measures in LOTO procedures.
- Development and implementation of effective LOTO procedures.
- Equipment isolation techniques and the proper use of lockout and tag out devices.
- Training and communication strategies for LOTO implementation.
- LOTO program management and periodic review.
- Case studies and real-life examples of LOTO incidents and their prevention.
- Compliance with LOTO standards and regulatory requirements.