EOSH UK- Award in CPR & First Aid
The Award in CPR & First Aid provides participants with comprehensive knowledge and practical skills to effectively respond to medical emergencies and perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). The course covers essential first aid techniques, including assessing and managing various injuries and medical conditions. Participants will learn how to recognize and respond to cardiac arrest, choking, bleeding, fractures, burns, and other common emergencies. Emphasis is placed on the importance of quick and accurate response to maximize the chances of saving lives.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 4-5 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
The course modules for the Award in CPR & First Aid include:
• Introduction to CPR and First Aid
• Legal and Ethical Considerations in First Aid
• Assessing the Scene and Ensuring Safety
• Primary Survey and Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Adults
• CPR for Children and Infants
• Use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• Choking and Airway Obstruction
• Managing Bleeding and Wound Care
• Fractures, Sprains, and Strains
• Burns, Electrical Shock, and Chemical Exposure
• Medical Emergencies: Stroke, Heart Attack, Allergic Reactions