EOSH UK Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at work
The Level-2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work is a comprehensive training program designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to provide immediate and effective first aid in the workplace. The course covers essential first aid techniques and protocols to respond to a range of common workplace emergencies, including injuries, illnesses, and accidents. Participants will learn how to assess the situation, provide basic life support, administer first aid treatments, and effectively communicate with emergency medical services. The training emphasizes the importance of quick response, accurate assessment, and appropriate action to minimize the impact of workplace incidents.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 3 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
The course modules for the Level-2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work include:
• Introduction to emergency first aid and legal requirements in the workplace
• Assessing the incident and ensuring personal safety
• Understanding and managing the unconscious casualty
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) techniques
• Dealing with choking emergencies
• Managing bleeding and wounds effectively
• Recognizing and responding to common workplace injuries, such as fractures and burns
• First aid for shock and anaphylaxis
• Emergency response to medical conditions, including heart attacks and strokes
• Communication and reporting during workplace emergencies