The Level 2 – Award in Basic Road & Transport Safety is designed to provide fundamental knowledge and skills related to road safety and transportation. This course focuses on promoting safe practices for both pedestrians and drivers, highlighting key aspects such as traffic regulations, hazard identification, and defensive driving techniques. Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of road safety principles to help reduce accidents and promote responsible behavior on the roads.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 3 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
The course modules for the Level 2 – Award in Basic Road & Transport Safety may include:
- Introduction to Road Safety Principles
- Understanding Traffic Regulations and Signs
- Road Hazards and Risk Assessment
- Defensive Driving Techniques
- Safe Behavior for Pedestrians and Cyclists
- Vehicle Safety and Maintenance
- Emergency Procedures and First Aid in Road Accidents
- Impaired Driving and Substance Abuse Awareness
- Road Safety for Commercial Drivers
- Environmental Considerations in Transport Safety