The Level 2 – Award in Basic Rigger and Signalman is designed to provide participants with the fundamental knowledge and skills required for safe rigging and signaling operations. The course focuses on equipping participants with the essential techniques and best practices for rigging loads and providing effective communication during lifting operations. Participants will learn about rigging equipment, load calculation, proper signaling methods, and safety protocols to ensure efficient and secure lifting operations.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 3 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
- Introduction to Rigging and Signaling
- Legislation and Safety Regulations
- Types of Rigging Equipment and Accessories
- Rigging Techniques for Various Loads
- Load Calculation and Weight Estimation
- Inspection and Maintenance of Rigging Equipment
- Basic Knots and Hitches
- Proper Hand Signals and Communication Methods
- Lifting Equipment and Machinery Operations
- Risk Assessment and Hazard Control
- Safe Work Practices and Procedures
- Incident Prevention and Emergency Response