The Level 2 – Award in Basic Marine and Offshore Safety is a comprehensive course designed to provide participants with fundamental knowledge and skills related to safety practices in the marine and offshore industries. This course focuses on the specific hazards, risks, and safety procedures associated with working in maritime and offshore environments.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 3 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
The specific modules covered in the Level 2 – Award in Basic Marine and Offshore Safety course may vary, but typically include:
- Introduction to Marine and Offshore Safety
- Regulatory Framework for Maritime Safety
- Shipboard Safety Procedures and Practices
- Personal Safety and Survival Techniques
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures
- Fire Safety and Prevention in Maritime Environments
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment in Marine and Offshore Settings
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in Marine Operations
- Safety Communication and Reporting in Maritime Context
- Environmental Protection and Sustainability in Marine Operations