The Award in Port Safety Security Officer (PSSO) is a specialized training program that focuses on equipping individuals with the knowledge and skills required to fulfill the role of a security officer in a port environment. This course provides comprehensive training on security measures, risk assessment, threat detection, and emergency response protocols specific to port safety and security.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 7-10 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
The course modules for the Award in Port Safety Security Officer (PSSO) may include:
- Introduction to Port Security and the Role of a Security Officer
- Legal and Regulatory Framework for Port Security
- Threat Assessment and Risk Management in Port Environments
- Access Control and Identity Verification Procedures
- Security Surveillance Systems and Techniques
- Handling and Reporting Security Incidents
- Emergency Response and Crisis Management in Ports
- Security Screening and X-ray Interpretation
- Maritime Security Codes and Conventions
- Port Security Planning and Implementation
- Port Audit and Inspection