The Award in Offshore Induction & Emergency is specifically designed for individuals working in the offshore industry. This course provides participants with essential knowledge and skills related to offshore operations, safety procedures, and emergency response protocols. It aims to ensure that individuals are well-prepared to work safely and respond effectively to emergencies in offshore environments.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 4-5 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
The specific modules covered in the Award in Offshore Induction & Emergency course may vary, but typically include:
- Offshore Industry Overview and Regulations
- Offshore Safety Management Systems
- Emergency Response Procedures and Protocols
- Personal Safety and Survival Techniques in Offshore Environments
- Helicopter Safety and Escape
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in Offshore Operations
- Fire Safety and Prevention in Offshore Settings
- Offshore Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Communication and Reporting in Offshore Operations
- Health and Hygiene Management in Offshore Environments
- Improving health and safety & measuring performance of Managers.