EOSH UK Award in Electrical Safety for Supervisors & Technicians
The EOSH UK Award in Electrical Safety for Supervisors & Technicians is designed to provide supervisors and technicians with advanced knowledge and skills to effectively manage and supervise electrical work environments. The course focuses on equipping participants with the necessary expertise to ensure the safety of workers, proper compliance with regulations, and effective risk management. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of electrical systems, equipment, and hazards, as well as the responsibilities and roles of supervisors and technicians in maintaining electrical safety. The course combines theoretical concepts with practical exercises to enhance participants’ ability to assess risks, implement safety measures, and handle electrical incidents effectively.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 5 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
The specific modules covered in the EOSH UK Award in Electrical Safety for Supervisors & Technicians course typically include:
- Advanced principles of electrical safety regulations and standards.
- Roles and responsibilities of supervisors and technicians in electrical safety.
- Electrical system design and analysis.
- Risk assessment methodologies specific to electrical work.
- Management of electrical hazards and control measures.
- Supervisory techniques for ensuring compliance and promoting safety culture.
- Incident investigation and analysis in electrical incidents.
- Leadership and communication skills for effective supervision.
- Electrical equipment inspection, testing, and maintenance.
- Practical exercises and case studies to apply knowledge in real-world scenarios.